What Should You Do After a Homeowner Loss:
- You should contact your insurance producer or company as soon as you possibly can after a disaster strikes.
- You should provide as much detail as you can about damage to your property.
- If your insurance company does not have representatives on the scene available to help you, call them and ask for the claims department. The company’s contact number is usually listed in your policy.
- Provide all phone numbers where you may be reached, especially if your home is uninhabitable. Make it easy for your insurance company to contact you.
- If you are emotionally distressed, have a friend or family member assist you.
- If your insurance policy has been lost or destroyed or you can’t find your policy number, ask your insurance company for a copy of the policy.
And whenever in doubt, contact Griffin Insurance. Where here to help!