Skip to content
- Stay calm, take a deep breath, and stay away from moving traffic.
- Check for injuries and call an ambulance whenever in doubt.
- If the accident is minor, move the cars to a safe place, out of traffic.
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights. Use cones, triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Don’t admit any fault, regardless of the circumstances.
- Record all pertinent accident details, and take photos of the scene and damage!
- Get information about the other driver(s) and anyone else involved, including their name, address, phone, drivers license (take a photo of this if possible), plate number and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
(TIP: use your smart phone camera to take pictures of license plates, drivers licenses and the accident scene from multiple perspectives)
- Contact your insurance company ASAP
- Call Griffin Insurance if you have questions!